All-New 2021 Silverado Technology and Safety Features
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 stands out as a capable pickup truck that can haul heavy loads. To help you get your day’s work done, it features plenty of high-tech and safety amenities. If you want to know which of the trims contain which of the following features, pay a visit to us at Puklich Chevrolet in Bismarck, ND. Our knowledgeable staff will be happy to answer your questions and take you on a test drive.
Keeping You Safe
Supplementing the high-strength steel safety cage and tough construction are the following driver assists that are designed to protect you and your passengers on the road.
- Forward Collision Alert tells you if you are following the next vehicle too closely and are in danger of hitting it.
- Automatic Emergency Braking can stop your vehicle to minimize or eliminate the severity of a front-end collision. It works at speeds of 50 mph or less.
- Adaptive Cruise Control maintains a safe distance that you define between your truck and the next vehicle by automatically adjusting your speed as traffic conditions vary.
- The Following Distance Indicator shows to gap timing seconds that exist between your pickup and the next vehicle, enabling you to decide if you are tailgating too closely.
- Front Pedestrian Braking also works at speeds below 50 mph and lets you know if you’re about to hit a person. It can deliver hard emergency braking to prevent an accident.
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert shows an indicator on the appropriate side-view mirror when a vehicle is approaching your blind zone.
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning relies on gentle steering wheel nudges to tell you that you are unintentionally drifting out of your lane lines without using a turn signal.
- Front and Rear Park Assist delivers distance alerts as you get closer to potential hazards in the front and the rear as you pull into a parking spot.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert informs you if a vehicle is trying to cross your backward path as you reverse out of a parking spot.
Teen Driver Technology
You can configure this feature to watch over teens who want to drive the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 by themselves. Through the use of a special key fob, you can limit specific features such as the top speed and maximum audio volume, while turning on available safety features. At the end of the trip, you can look at an in-vehicle report card that you can then use to help coach your young drivers on better road habits.
Pulling with Power
To assist you with trailers weighing up to 13,300 pounds, the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 can show you up to 15 available camera views that include close-ups of the receiver hitch to help you align the trailer, a top-down bird’s-eye view of your immediate surroundings to help with tight maneuvers, and the view of the cargo bed and the trailer, so you can keep an eye on what you’re towing.
The In-Vehicle Trailering System encourages you to define trailer profiles, go through pre-departure checklists, run trailer lighting diagnostics, and monitor the tire pressure and temperature. This information syncs with the MyChevrolet Mobile app, so you can check up on your vehicle even when you’re not around it.
Other trailering technologies include Trailer Sway Control to prevent your load from swinging back and forth, Automatic Grade Braking to maintain a constant speed as you descend a slope, and Hill Start Assist which prevents your truck from rolling downward when you run the engine on an incline.
You can control the Chevrolet Infotainment System using a colorful touchscreen, which also displays directions to your destination on a moving map. This feature integrates your compatible smartphone, so you can make phone calls or access selected apps while you’re on the highway.
You can speak commands to stream audio files, place orders, or manage smart home devices before you get home. Satellite radio grants you entertainment from over 200 channels that include commercial-free music, live sports, comedy, the latest news, and exclusive celebrity talk.