Advantages of Selling Your Car to a Dealership
When you want to make space for a new vehicle and some money to pay for it, selling your old car is a no-brainer. You may think that transferring your model to another person is your best option. However, having a dealership like Puklich Chevrolet takes care of the transaction rewards you with many advantages.
What Is Easier?
What do you need to do to sell your car to a person?
- Make any repairs because nobody wants to buy a non-functioning machine.
- Clean the interior and exterior to make it look good to potential buyers.
- Pay off any outstanding loans so that you can receive the title and transferred it to someone else.
- Take good pictures for the advertisement.
- Place an ad either online or in the local paper.
- Respond to phone calls, text messages, and emails from potential buyers.
- Schedule a test drive with those who are interested. They will need to come down to your home so make sure that security is not an issue.
- Negotiate a selling price and then take care of all the paperwork, such as the title transfer.
- Deposit any payment into your bank account and hope that it is legitimate.
What do you need to do when selling to a dealer like us?
- Bring your car to our facility so that we can inspect it. There’s no need to make any repairs or to clean it.
- Accept our offer and go on your way. You don’t have to worry about paying off any auto loans because we can fold any previous financing into new financing.
Which of these two options is easier for you?
Honesty and Trust
Most people who will look at your old car are honest and trustworthy. They are interested in getting good value for their money by paying a fair price. However, you have to watch out for the one or two who are out to take maximum advantage of you. Maybe their checks are going to bounce. Or worse yet, they’ll go through with the transaction, only to come back later and say that you try to defraud them with a car that does not work properly. They may sue you in court to not only keep the car to get all their money back.
At Puklich Chevrolet, you can trust in our integrity because we are all about tradition, family ties, and giving back to the community. We also want you to get your next car from us and we can only do that if you feel comfortable working with us.
We have been in business since 1983 because we treat you, the customer, right. You can be sure that our payment is legitimate. Once you sell your car to us, you never have to worry about it again.
Getting More Money
You may be under the impression that selling to a private individual gets you more money. In one sense, that is true because a person can offer you high Blue Book value. We can only give you the wholesale value because we need to profit from the deal.
But you may get more money in the long run if you trade-in, rather than sell, your old car to us. We’ll give you a credit on your purchase that is higher than an all-cash price. Your monthly payment, interest expenses, and total cost drop to make your financing less expensive.
For example, let’s say you want to buy a $30,000 model at an interest rate of 3.0 percent for 48 months.
- Without a trade-in, your monthly payment reaches $664 for a total outlay of at least $31,872.
- With a trade-in valued at 48 months, your monthly payment drops to $531. Your total payment reaches $25,488, a savings of $6,384, which is greater than the value of your trade-in.
If you’re interested in moving ahead with either selling or trading in your vehicle to us, please contact us at Puklich Chevrolet in Bismarck, ND. One of our friendly staff can walk you through the process and invite you down to test drive our latest models. Before coming down, you can find out what your trade-in is worth by filling out our Trade-In Form.